With a new, streamlined user experience, you can focus on the Web sites you love with a clean look that integrates seamlessly with Windows 7. A robust set of built-in security, privacy, and reliability technologies keep you safer and your browsing experience uninterrupted. For Web developers, support for HTML5 and modern standards architected to take advantage of the graphics processing unit (GPU) means that the same markup not only works across the Web, but runs faster and delivers a richer experience through Windows and Internet Explorer 9.
9 reasons to get Internet Explorer 9
Internet Explorer 9 provides the best web experience for Windows. Here are the top reasons why you should get it today.
1. It' s all-around fast hardware-accelerated text, video, and graphics speed up performance and make websites perform like programs that are installed on your computer.
2. Streamlined and simplified design gives you the basic controls you need and puts the focus on your websites.
3. One-click access to your favorite siteswith Pinned Sites, you can get to your favorite sites directly from the Windows taskbar without having to open your browser first.
4. A combined search and Address bar one place to either navigate to a website or start a search.
5. Redesigned New Tab page now you have quick access to the sites you visit most often, and you can also reopen closed tabs or your last browsing session, or start an InPrivate Browsing session.
6.Integration with Windows 7 with Snap, Pinned Sites, Jump Lists, and thumbnail preview controls, Internet Explorer 9 and Windows 7 bring you the best web experience for Windows.
7. Improved add-on management Add-on Performance Advisor tells you if an add-on is slowing down your browser and allows you to disable or remove it, helping ensure that your browser stays fast over time.
8. Helps control your privacy Tracking Protection enables you to limit the browser' s communication with certain websites to help keep your information private.
9. Keeps your downloads in order Download Manager keeps a running list of the files you download from the Internet, notifies you if a file could be malicious, and allows you to pause and restart a download.
Internet Explorer 9 includes a host of new features, including: